Thursday, April 2, 2009

UPDATE: Yun Hi

Oops its been more than a month since I updated my blog or visited any of your blogs. Extremely sorry...there was too much of work and some restlessness in mind and the reason behind not updating the blog lies in that restlessness more rather than the 'too much work' I am talking about.

Good News - I have Broadband Connection at home now. Bad News - Its Reliance Broadband+ the so called Fastest Internet on the move which boasts of 3.1 Mbps Speed which it has never achieved till date. Speed is OK but there are so many terms and conditions levied by Reliance that its really hard to use this device. They charge you some insane amount every month end even if you have applied for the Unlimited Broadband Plan. They call it Unlimited and then the fine print says - Unlimited Plan User gets a fair usage of 10 GB per month, if the usage exceeds 10GB you'll be charged Rs.2 per MB. Since when did 10GB become Fair Unlimited Usage? & Rs.2/MB is INSANE!!!!


So if anybody wants to buy this device, please try some other option (there are so many in the market for the IMPATIENT Generation) or be ready to pay some insane bills every month to make Mr.Ambani even richer!


Meanwhile my good ol' DVD player refused to play movies, which kept me upset for a longtime as I wasn't able to see movies and unable to find a single good model of DVD Player with some basic features I was looking for. So finally after three days of endless search for a new player and living almost a week of DVD Less life, I decided to get my DVD Player fixed but sadly by the time it was fixed, I'd to come down to Mumbai for some office related work. Can't wait to go back home and watch some movies on DVD back to back.

I am going to be in Mumbai till this month end and thanks to the dispute between Multiplex Owners & Producers' Guild there is not a single good movie to watch. Saw some real horrible films like Dashavtaaram & My Mom's New Boyfriend. Saw Monsters Vs. Aliens 3D twice and if it wasn't for the 3D Experience I think the movie's storyline (if there was any) was pretty average with some real cool 3D Shots. PVR was having Spielberg Film Festival and finally I got to see one of my most

favorite Spielberg Films - Munich which IMHO one of the most aesthetically shot film by Janusz Kaminski.


Another good news - After hunting for years I finally got The Lion King Platinum Edition 2 DVD Set. Second Hand Hi Sahi...Black Mein Hi Sahi...but finally I have the DVD set !

Was feeling a bit lazy this afternoon, browsing aimlessly I came across some real cool blogs, one of them deserves a special mention. It’s called Eastern Eye, dedicated to Bollywood Music, Sitars, Jazz & Ragas. This is a blog where you can find some real kick ass Kalyan Ji Anand Ji Instrumental pieces from movies like Professor Pyarelaal & Don, real rare stuff like a Rag Todi in Jazz- a track from one of the rarest albums Raga Jazz Style by Shankar-Jaikishan,et al. This blog is a must visit for you if you love the Guns, Cars & Sitars from the 70s Cinema.


Will visit all your blogs soon :)


PS. Finally I am getting back to drawing. Have started sketching again, hope am able to draw something decent enough someday to share on my blog. Now have to get little organised and start writing too...


4 comments:

Urv said...

Why are so many different fonts in the post?

The Reliance device is indeed very slow.

U have tempted me to see Monsters vs Aliens :)

Rafiq Raja said...

Heah Alok, just noticed that you indeed updated the blog after a month long gap. Welcome back, and sorry for logging-in late, got behind on my blog-roll-hopping :)

With so many different fonts, I am sure you have been drafting this post for long :)

Reliance is indeed pathetic. I am happy with my fixed home broadband, didn't get an use to broadband on the move yet. My GPRS on Windows mobile will do fine for the short travels :)

By the way, Dashavataram is indeed a nice movie, and I am not saying it just because it is Tamil :). Have a read about the movie plot, and watch it again if you get a chance.

For me I will look for Monsters vs Alien, heard great reviews about the 3d effects, and now from you.

Catch you soon.

ÇómícólógÝ

Vidooshak said...

Really proud of your acquiring Lion King Platinum. Log sach kehte hain, dhoondne se toh bhagwan bhi mil jaate hain...

Even my DVD player giving trouble. I have been buying a new Rs.3000 wala Philips player every year past 3 years! They only last till the warranty. Actually, no, the warranty is only 6 months. So this isn't surprising. Of course, it works great while it does. At that price, what more do we want...

Good to have you back. Upload some new drawings soon!

Vidooshak said...

Lousy Bangalore showed Monsters only in 2D. Silly excuse of a film, without the 3D glasses at least. PVR showing at Zizou at a mad 10AM show only, else wanted to see that.

Why torture bangalore movie lovers so?

Join CHITRAKATHA on Facebook

Blog Widget by LinkWithin